This article will show the various ways to connect a cable or satellite receiver (box) to your TV and select the correct input to view the content from the box.
- Coax Cable
- Component Cables
- Composite Cables
- HDMI Cable
The connection information shown below assumes the cable / satellite box works properly and is connected to a working cable service / connection.
NOTE: The settings for the cable / satellite box may need to be changed to send the signal out of the corresponding connector (HDMI, component, coax) you are connecting to your TV. Contact your cable / satellite service provider for information.
For additional information about TV inputs, refer to the TOSHIBA Knwledge Base articles listed below:
Coax Cable Connection
- Connect the Coax cable from the cable box to the TV.
- Turn the box and the TV on and set the TV to channel 3 or 4 depending on the cable box settings.
- Control the cable channels using the cable box remote.
With Component RCA Connections on TV
- Use Component RGB cables for video. Connect between the box and the TV.
- Use Red and White RCAs from a composite cable or seperate audio RCA cables for audio. Connect between the box and the TV.
- Turn the box and TV on and set the TV input to Composite or ColorStream 1 or 2 to view.
- Control the cable / satellite channels using the cable / satellite box remote.
Without Component RCA Connections on TV
- Use Component RGB cables for video. Connect between the box and the component cable AV adapter. Connect the adapter to the ColorStream connector on TV.
- Use Red and White RCAs from a composite cable or seperate audio RCA cables for audio. Connect between the box and the composite cable AV adapter. Connect the adapter to Video 1 (Audio) connector on the TV.
- Turn the box and the TV on and set TV input to ColorStream 1 or 2 to view.
- Connect an HDMI cable between the box and the one of the available HDMI connections on the TV.
- Turn the box and the TV on and set the TV input to the corresponding HDMI input (1, 2, 3, 4) to view.
Best Design Ideas for you 2021
Actiontec My Wireless TV WiFi / HDMI Multi-Room Wireless HD Video Kit - 2nd Generation (MWTV2KIT01)
Home Theater (Actiontec, Inc)
DIRECTV 10 Pin To Component Dongle H25 Genie Mini Clients
Speakers (Seawide Marine Distribution, Inc.)
DIRECTV Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapter (DCA2SR0 ) Generation II
Home Theater (DirecTv)
RG Wifi Internet Radio Adapter Color Display Screen With Slim Remote Controller Stations Receiver
AGPtek Good For Campers Digital Satellite Signal Meter Finder Meter For Dish Network Directv FTA LCD Graphic Display Backlight Compass Buzzer Control